Welcome to Social-Emotional Learning at Cameron Parish Schools
How Does SEL Benefit Students?
Five (5) SEL Competencies
- Self-Awareness is the ability to accurately recognize one’s own emotions, thoughts, and experiences and how they influence behavior. It is the ability to accurately assess one’s strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a “growth mindset.”
- Self-Management is the ability to regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behaviors effectively in different situations and to achieve goals and aspirations.
- Social Awareness is the ability to understand the perspectives of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and contexts.
- Relationship Skills include the ability to establish and maintain healthy and supportive relationships and to effectively navigate settings with diverse individuals and groups.
- Responsible Decision-Making is the ability to make caring and constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions across diverse situations.
|EACH MONTH WE WILL FOCUS ON A DIFFERENT COMPETENCY TO BUILD SELF AND SOCIAL AWARENESS, DEVELOP STUDENTS' CAPACITY FOR EMPATHY AND COMPASSION, ENCOURAGE POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS, AND EMPOWER STUDENTS TO ENGAGE IN RESPONSIBLE DECISION-MAKING.|
Monthly Newsletters Below:
As Cameron Parish School System's Social-Emotional Learning Coordinator and Mental Health Counselor, I am eager to provide group lessons, individual counseling sessions, and crisis intervention
for students and faculty.
Frankie Reed-Shaw, PLPC
Mental Health Support